Thursday, February 24, 2005

my dad's oath taking...

today had a potential to be a disaster... but the skies opened and God said: "Crickette, dont give up too soon honey!"

I woke up at 4:45 to my dad's hard thumpin' on my door... on the other end i heard him calling for me to wake up so I rose from my bed, opened the door and told him I was awake. that shut him up and i took a cold shower, fighting the stings of freezing cold water on my skin. after that, i probably spent a few minutes skipping around my room naked before i realized i had to rush so i dried my hair, and started dressing... at that time, pot went into my room and i asked her to help me with the bow at the back of my dress...

DAD: may memo na binigay... no one's allowed to wear sleeveless!

i looked down my dress and asked myself... is a tube dress sleeveless????

i couldn't believe it! the day i bought the dress i was strutting around the house infront of my dad asking if I looked okay and he didn't tell me anything about a dress code? plus i've been to malcanang before... and there is no such dress code!!! so fuck it, i opened my cabinet and forced myself to wear something else... put on my make-up and rode the starex... furious.

now, that could be forgotten easily... but when we got to Villamor for the AIRFORCE assembly breakfast only a small percentage of the population had sleeves wrapping their arms!!! Oh I hate my dad!!! But wait, my story does not end there... My mom called Sarge Chris and he sped off from Camp Aguinaldo to Villamor with my dress and I immediately transformed... like Cinderella that night of the BALL. HA!!!

Nothing important happened after that... just saw GMA and shook hands with her... and we went home happy for our dad... the incident about the dress totally eradicated from my memory... we were stuffed from lunch at the club house so I turned this computer on and started editing annalyn's first attempt to direct a film (on heimlech maneuver).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home